Monday, August 23, 2010

Rick Springfield




Being a songwriter does not rely on an audience or other band members or a camera. I can just sit in a room and write songs.
Rick Springfield

Every actor wants to break out of the box that they put you in and that's where I'm heading, out of the box as fast as I can.
Rick Springfield

I am a bit more of a whore with my acting than I am with my music. I am not a whore with my music.
Rick Springfield

I am a closet toy freak. I started chasing after some things as far as Star Wars toys - some very rare stuff.
Rick Springfield

I don't think anyone ever feels acknowledged enough.
Rick Springfield

I don't want to mix the identities. Noah Drake isn't Rick Springfield.
Rick Springfield

I learned to read and write and socialize in school, and that's pretty much it.
Rick Springfield

I took that time off - I knew it was messing me up, not being connected to a spiritual plane.
Rick Springfield

I was one of those dark, quiet kids that wrote poetry.
Rick Springfield

I was very fortunate to be at the vanguard of music video.
Rick Springfield

I would have been an Egyptologist if I had had the schooling.
Rick Springfield

I'll watch any show on the History Channel.
Rick Springfield

I've always liked the heavier stuff. I've always loved Tool and System of a Down, Korn and Nine Inch Nails.
Rick Springfield

I've been writing songs since I was 14 years old, and that's my true love.
Rick Springfield

I've heard from writers and musicians and fans that they think I'm underrated.
Rick Springfield

If the timing's right and the gods are with you, something special happens.
Rick Springfield

Karma is not just about the troubles, but also about surmounting them.
Rick Springfield

Music is a 24-hour-a-day thing for me.
Rick Springfield

My first crush was Hayley Mills when I was a little kid in England. I used to kiss her picture goodnight.
Rick Springfield

Once I discovered music, I knew what I wanted to do.
Rick Springfield

Puberty hit me very hard, and I basically had no use for school once I discovered the guitar.
Rick Springfield

Residuals from Australia, from the Mission Magic show, saved my butt. So there is a reason for everything.
Rick Springfield

There weren't a lot of girl singers around. Paul McCartney and John Lennon were the guys I looked up to.
Rick Springfield

They were marketing me as a teen idol, when the stuff on the record was not what teen idols were doing at the time.
Rick Springfield

When someone pursues music through your music, that's the greatest accolade anybody can get.
Rick Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment