Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Joe Cocker





Back then, I, most rockers loved Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis... you know in the '60s.
Joe Cocker

Don't go on American Idol, I think you'll spend the rest of your life living it down and I think it's getting kinda scary, isn't it?
Joe Cocker

Europe is usually where I am usually galloping around.
Joe Cocker

For me, the focus are songs, which really get the audience moving.
Joe Cocker

God, I'm just a fat bald guy, 60 years old, singing the blues, you know?
Joe Cocker

I had a job when I was 16 at a gas fitter, which was a bit like a pipe fitter.
Joe Cocker

I have always been a sucker for ballads, but you have to be careful these days, you can't overload people.
Joe Cocker

I have sung to large crowds since then, and there is a feeling that once you get over 100,000 people, you kind of lose the control element, you don't know if you are really getting through or not.
Joe Cocker

I love songs that have a rocking and grooving feeling.
Joe Cocker

I was in Germany when the wall came down.
Joe Cocker

I would like to be able to do a song with Ray Charles, before we both get too old.
Joe Cocker

I've been touring now since about '68.
Joe Cocker

It's all a matter of hearing what I like and seeing if I can make it fit into my style.
Joe Cocker

It's interesting, as I said on the last tour in America, the audience actually came out, they had to have been the kind of fans who listened to my music via their parents, you know what I mean?
Joe Cocker

It's nice to get a response from the artists that I cover.
Joe Cocker

Once you get into entertaining a quarter of a million people, it's a very weird place to be.
Joe Cocker

Over the years, I've worked with just about everybody.
Joe Cocker

Some of the songs I do once in a while that I kinda... my set list is basically like my hits, there is a good reason why they are there; people really like them.
Joe Cocker

The world is a tougher place to live in than it was back then, as we come into the computer age.
Joe Cocker

Unfortunately I was in New York when 9/11 happened.
Joe Cocker

Well, over the years, I've developed a stable of songs of which I'm known for and never get tired of singing.
Joe Cocker

Well, we have this place in Telluride, Colorado. It's somewhere I can just get away and relax and think.
Joe Cocker

Yeah, one of the main ways is for songs that make me want to move.
Joe Cocker

No comments:

Post a Comment