Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bette Midler




After thirty, a body has a mind of its own.
Bette Midler


Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.
Bette Midler


Group conformity scares the pants off me because it's so often a prelude to cruelty towards anyone who doesn't want to - or can't - join the Big Parade.
Bette Midler

I always try to balance the light with the heavy - a few tears of human spirit in with the sequins and the fringes.
Bette Midler

I bear no grudges. I have a mind that retains nothing.
Bette Midler

I feel like a million tonight - but one at a time.
Bette Midler

I made a pact with myself a long time ago: Never watch anything stupider than you. It's helped me a lot.
Bette Midler

I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me.
Bette Midler

I never know how much of what I say is true.
Bette Midler

I try not to drink too much because when I'm drunk, I bite.
Bette Midler

I wouldn't say I invented tacky, but I definitely brought it to its present high popularity.
Bette Midler

I'd make a wonderful Lady Macbeth. I'll wear a pair of platform shoes or something.
Bette Midler

I'm working my way toward divinity.
Bette Midler

If I could be granted a wish, I'd shine in your eye like a jewel.
Bette Midler

If sex is such a natural phenomenon, how come there are so many books on how to do it?
Bette Midler

My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors.
Bette Midler

Rap is poetry set to music. But to me it's like a jackhammer.
Bette Midler

The worst part of success is to try to find someone who is happy for you.
Bette Midler

When it's three o'clock in New York, it's still 1938 in London.
Bette Midler

Writing a book is not as tough as it is to haul thirty-five people around the country and sweat like a horse five nights a week.
Bette Midler

No comments:

Post a Comment