Saturday, August 29, 2009

Barry Manilow




“No one can reinvent the great classics better than Barry Manilow, he breathes new life and vitality into these truly wonderful songs and they sound fresh and time­less.” ~Clive Davis



The Greatest Songs Of The Eighties marks the fourth collaboration between Barry Manilow and music mogul Clive Davis who was a perennial collaborator with Manilow on virtually all of his early recordings. They first worked together on ‘Mandy’, Manilow’s debut Number One single in 1974.



The tracklisting includes the following:



‘Islands in the Stream’ (with Reba McEntire)
’Open Arms’
’Never Gonna Give You Up’
’Have I Told You Lately’
’I Just Called to Say I Love You’
’Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)’
’Careless Whisper’
’Right Here Waiting’
’Arthur’s Theme (The Best That You Can Do)’
’Hard to Say I’m Sorry’
’Time After Time’
’I’ve Had the Time of My Life’

1 comment:

  1. Here's proof that if you live long enough, anything is possible.
    Barry Manilow

    I feel that after all those horrible reviews and jokes, I wasn't crazy all these years to stand up for the music I believe in. This album has proven that somewhere in the human race, the human heart is still racing and breaking and I am so grateful.
    Barry Manilow

    Misfits aren't misfits among other misfits.
    Barry Manilow

    The shows at the Hilton are the most exciting shows I've ever done. The stage is huge, but the theater is intimate, so we can have a magnificent production and still connect with the audience.
    Barry Manilow

    There's just no quiet in Vegas.
    Barry Manilow

    ReplyDelete