Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Barbra Streisand




A man who graduated high in his class at Yale Law School and made partnership in a top law firm would be celebrated. A man who invested wisely would be admired, but a woman who accomplishes this is treated with suspicion.
Barbra Streisand

Around people I don't know, I'm totally at a loss.
Barbra Streisand

How I wish we lived in a time when laws were not necessary to safeguard us from discrimination.
Barbra Streisand

I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy, and driven.
Barbra Streisand

I arrived in Hollywood without having my nose fixed, my teeth capped, or my name changed. That is very gratifying to me.
Barbra Streisand

I don't care what you say about me. Just be sure to spell my name wrong.
Barbra Streisand

I don't enjoy public performances and being up on a stage. I don't enjoy the glamour. Like tonight, I am up on stage and my feet hurt.
Barbra Streisand

I find George Bush and Dick Cheney frightening, Donald Rumsfeld and John Ashcroft frightening.
Barbra Streisand

I go by instinct - I don't worry about experience.
Barbra Streisand

I hated singing. I wanted to be an actress. But I don't think I'd have made it any other way.
Barbra Streisand

I just don't want to be hampered by my own limitations.
Barbra Streisand

I knew that with a mouth like mine, I just hadda be a star or something.
Barbra Streisand

I was a personality before I became a person - I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy and driven.
Barbra Streisand

I wish I could be like Shaw who once read a bad review of one of his plays, called the critic and said: 'I have your review in front of me and soon it will be behind me.'
Barbra Streisand

I'm not that ambitious any more. I just like my privacy. I wish I really wasn't talked about at all.
Barbra Streisand

I'm tired of malicious articles slandering me.
Barbra Streisand

I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good.
Barbra Streisand

I've considered having my nose fixed. But I didn't trust anyone enough. If I could do it myself with a mirror.
Barbra Streisand

It is every woman's dream to be some man's dream woman.
Barbra Streisand

Marlon Brando. The finest actor who ever lived. He was my idol when I was 13. He's done enough work to last two lifetimes. Everything I do, I think: Can Brando play this with me?
Barbra Streisand

No comments:

Post a Comment