Saturday, December 5, 2009

Madonna




A beautiful woman can be painted as a totem only; not as a woman, but as a Madonna, a queen, a sphinx.
Saul Steinberg

As the audiences got larger, the participation got larger. And I found myself in
Dallas, and 20,000 people were singing 'Madonna Whore' back at me. I thought... this is really a great thing. They wanted to hear it really badly, and here they are.
Cyndi Lauper

But I've been there and done that. I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody, and if somebody wants me to come, if they can afford what I ask, it's not as much as Madonna makes; not that I want what Madonna makes, but I was saying.
Abbey Lincoln

But Madonna has a small amount of talent when it comes to movies.
Norman Jewison

Don't confuse fame with success. Madonna is one; Helen Keller is the other.
Erma Bombeck

I admire Madonna because she always did whatever she felt like doing. She went through some controversial periods when people rejected her, but she kept on reinventing herself.
Shakira

I can understand that the whole world is interested in my wife Madonna. That's even why I married her.
Guy Ritchie

I didn't want to be known as Madonna's playboy, her boy toy.
Dennis Rodman

I do not think I should care to go on worshipping a Madonna even if she did wink. One cannot make much out of a wink. We want something more than that from the object of our adoration.
Charles Spurgeon

I don't agree with everything Madonna's done but she is fearless.
Cathy Freeman

I once asked the most fabulous couple I know, Madonna and Guy Ritchie, how they kept things fresh despite having been married for almost seven months. 'It's a job, Al,' Guy told me. 'We work at it every day.'
Al Franken

I once had dinner with Madonna and I wasn't nervous but within about a minute I found myself talking about underwear.
Randy Newman

I remember I read this harsh review about my show, and one of my friends told me that this was the exact same stuff people said about Madonna. And it's like, she didn't care. Madonna just came out and was herself. I respect that a lot.
Britney Spears

I think Madonna has a great deal of intelligence and capability. I have a lot of respect for her. She's taken her career and maximized it with intelligence and creativity.
Carole King

I think Madonna is a wonderful performer.
Patti LuPone

I would really, really, really like to be a legend like Madonna. Madonna knows what to do next, and when she's performing, the audience is just in awe of her.
Britney Spears

I'd die if I was Madonna. I'd die. God, what a horrible way to live. And Michael Jackson! To be so famous and to feel so isolated. I feel so bad for them. I don't know how it feels, and I hope it never happens to me.
Alicia Silverstone

If I ever complain about yachting around the Mediterranean with Madonna, who I just idolized as a child, I should be slapped across the face.
Elizabeth Banks

If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna.
Madonna Ciccone

It worried me when Britney snogged Madonna. It looked a bit fake. It screamed 'We're in this for the money.
Simon Le Bon


It's not like, I don't know, if Madonna has a new record out, then everybody from Bangkok to Birmingham knows what its called and can buy it the same week. But our stuff is not in that mass market.
Evan Parker

Madonna has total control over her life, and not many women have that.
Monica Seles

Madonna is a pro. I don't like her and have no respect for her but- I don't think she should be called a musician or a dancer or whatever you know, but I do have, well I do have respect for her ability to completely manipulate the media and have them work for her.
Jon Fishman

MTV was such a great training for me. I did live interviews with everyone from Michael Jackson to Madonna.
Carson Daly

My father's record collection was full of New Orleans music of all kinds. I used to listen to the radio in New York, and all there was on it at the time was Madonna and Michael Jackson, so it sort of passed me by.
Madeleine Peyroux

There are certain people who have become better artists, but they're brilliant at marketing. I think someone who's been phenomenal like that is Madonna.
Michael Bolton

They're talking about banning cigarette smoking now in any place that's used by ten or more people in a week, which, I guess, means that Madonna can't even smoke in bed.
Bill Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment