Friday, November 13, 2009

Meryl Streep




Acting is not about being someone different. It's finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there.
Meryl Streep

All an actor has is their blind faith that they are who they say they are today, in any scene.
Meryl Streep

All that attention to the perfect lighting, the perfect this, the perfect that, I find terribly annoying.
Meryl Streep

America doesn't reward people of my age, either in day-to-day life or for their performances.
Meryl Streep

Chris Cooper is one of my favorite actors in the world. I've seen him in most everything he's done.
Meryl Streep

Enough people write about me every day without even interviewing me.
Meryl Streep

Every single decision I make about what material I do, what I'm putting out in the world, is because of my children.
Meryl Streep

Everything we say signifies; everything counts, that we put out into the world. It impacts on kids, it impacts on the zeitgeist of the time.
Meryl Streep

Expensive clothes are a waste of money.
Meryl Streep

For me, clothes are kind of character; I don't follow fashion or understand trends.
Meryl Streep

Having been let out of the barn once, I know I wouldn't be happy if I were home all the time.
Meryl Streep

How you first meet the public is how the industry sees you. You can't argue with them. That's their perception.
Meryl Streep

I always feel like I can't do it, that I can't go through with a movie. But then I do go through with it after all.
Meryl Streep

I believe in imagination. I did Kramer vs. Kramer before I had children. But the mother I would be was already inside me.
Meryl Streep

I can't stand most things that I see.
Meryl Streep

I couldn't care less about fashion. If I had taken any clothes home, they would have remained in my closet for the rest of their existence.
Meryl Streep

I didn't have any confidence in my beauty when I was young. I felt like a character actress, and I still do.
Meryl Streep

I don't know why I don't watch a lot of movies; I can barely keep up with the things my friends are in. There isn't enough time in life.
Meryl Streep

I don't like to be gone all weekend and at night too. Because for 20 years, I've had children who are in school.
Meryl Streep

I get a trickling few scripts that I'm lucky enough that some of them are great. I don't get loads of scripts.
Meryl Streep

1 comment:

  1. The above video is Meryl Streep in her role as "Karen" in the movie Silkwood. Great documentary, enjoy the clips!

    ReplyDelete