Friday, June 25, 2010

George Michael




Celebrity and secrets don't go together. The bastards will get you in the end.
George Michael

Everything was going my way. I was happily marching into the history books. Then it all just fell apart.
George Michael

I define my sexuality in terms of the people that I love.
George Michael

I left school at 17 and was a star by the time I was 18 - in certain parts of the world anyway.
George Michael

I spent years growing up being told what my sexuality was.
George Michael

I think for most of us, our biggest frailties are sexual.
George Michael

I think the media is a real demon.
George Michael

I want to make a pop album - something more upbeat than my stuff was in the '90s.
George Michael

I would advise any gay person that being out in the real sense can never happen too soon.
George Michael

I'm not anti-American. I've lived with Kenny, a Texan, for six years.
George Michael

I've never done anything so political before. I've spent years shouting my mouth off about serious issues over dinner tables but never really had the confidence to express my views in a song.
George Michael

It's absolutely essential that we have the same safeguards that straight couples do. But I want more than a 50 percent chance of success. I don't want to emulate that.
George Michael

It's important to me that I should be free to express myself.
George Michael

My American gay audience have continued to dance and sing to the music I make in a way that straight Americans haven't. I am grateful to them for that.
George Michael

Of course, I want to sell this record - there's no point making it otherwise.
George Michael

The whole business is built on ego, vanity, self-satisfaction, and it's total crap to pretend it's not.
George Michael

There's no comfort in the truth, pain is all you'll find.
George Michael

With pop stars or film stars, we become the object of people's self-definition, as well as the object of sexual definition.
George Michael

You'll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.
George Michael

Your political system is actually too democratic. The fact that Americans vote on every bill and proposition can prolong bigotry indefinitely, especially where it is aimed at minority groups.
George Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment