Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Johnny Depp




Am I a romantic? I've seen Wuthering Heights ten times. I'm a romantic.
Johnny Depp

Anything I've done up till May 27th 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life.
Johnny Depp

As a teenager I was so insecure. I was the type of guy that never fitted in because he never dared to choose. I was convinced I had absolutely no talent at all. For nothing. And that thought took away all my ambition too.
Johnny Depp

France, and the whole of Europe have a great culture and an amazing history. Most important thing though is that people there know how to live! In America they've forgotten all about it. I'm afraid that the American culture is a disaster.
Johnny Depp

How many chances to you get to make a musical about a serial killer? The minute Tim Burton approached me, I was in.
Johnny Depp

I am doing things that are true to me. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.
Johnny Depp

I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do.
Johnny Depp

I guess I'm attracted to these off beat roles because my life has been a bit abnormal. The only thing I have a problem with is being labeled.
Johnny Depp

I may have a feather duster down my pants.
Johnny Depp

I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.
Johnny Depp

I remember in that red leisure suit I sort of felt like a Pizza Hut employee, and the white one was the ultimate, with the white turtleneck collar, that was the ultimate in bad taste.
Johnny Depp

I think everybody's nuts.
Johnny Depp

I think the thing to do is enjoy the ride while you're on it.
Johnny Depp

I was ecstatic they re-named 'French Fries' as 'Freedom Fries'. Grown men and women in positions of power in the U.S. government showing themselves as idiots.
Johnny Depp

I'm an old-fashioned guy... I want to be an old man with a beer belly sitting on a porch, looking at a lake or something.
Johnny Depp

I'm not sure I'm adult yet.
Johnny Depp

I'm shy, paranoid, whatever word you want to use. I hate fame. I've done everything I can to avoid it.
Johnny Depp

If there's any message to my work, it is ultimately that it's OK to be different, that it's good to be different, that we should question ourselves before we pass judgment on someone who looks different, behaves different, talks different, is a different color.
Johnny Depp

If you catch me saying 'I am a serious actor,' I beg you to slap me.
Johnny Depp

It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live.
Johnny Depp

1 comment:

  1. It's good to experience Hollywood in short bursts, I guess. Little snippets. I don't think I can handle being here all the time, it's pretty nutty.
    Johnny Depp

    Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.
    Johnny Depp

    Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for.
    Johnny Depp

    People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.
    Johnny Depp

    The beauty, the poetry of the fear in their eyes. I didn't mind going to jail for, what, five, six hours? It was absolutely worth it.
    Johnny Depp

    The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.
    Johnny Depp

    The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing.
    Johnny Depp

    The quality of life is so different in France. There is the possibility of living a simple life. I would never contemplate raising my daughter in LA. I would never raise any child there.
    Johnny Depp

    The term 'serious actor' is kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? Like 'Republican party' or 'airplane food.'
    Johnny Depp

    There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.
    Johnny Depp

    There are necessary evils. Money is an important thing in terms of representing freedom in our world. And now I have a daughter to think about. It's really the first time I've thought about the future and what it could be.
    Johnny Depp

    There's a drive in me that won't allow me to do certain things that are easy.
    Johnny Depp

    Tomorrow it'll all be over, then I'll have to go back to selling pens again.
    Johnny Depp

    Trips to the dentist - I like to postpone that kind of thing.
    Johnny Depp

    When kids hit one year old, it's like hanging out with a miniature drunk. You have to hold onto them. They bump into things. They laugh and cry. They urinate. They vomit.
    Johnny Depp

    With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying.
    Johnny Depp

    You do the work and you want people to see it; but, um while I'm doing the work, the result doesn't matter at all to me. Ultimately, I don't, I don't care whether the film is - you know - some big giant box-office bonanza and I don't care if its a complete flop. To me, when a film gets made and it's actually finished it's a success. They're all a success in their own way.
    Johnny Depp

    You use your money to buy privacy because during most of your life you aren't allowed to be normal.
    Johnny Depp

    ReplyDelete