Sunday, September 12, 2010

Barry White




As a boy, I believed freedom for America meant freedom for me. There was a time I believed every word spoken.
Barry White

Disco deserved a better name, a beautiful name because it was a beautiful art form. It made the consumer beautiful. The consumer was the star.
Barry White

Elton John's opinion turned the label's opinion around, all in a day.
Barry White

I don't know if it's my music, my lyrics, my sound, and knowing the music business the way I do-all I can say is, my career has lasted way longer than I expected.
Barry White

I kept my babies fed. I could have dumped them, but I didn't. I decided that whatever trip I was on, they were going with me. You're looking at a real daddy.
Barry White

I quit high school on my birthday. It was my senior year and I didn't see the point. This was 1962, and I was ready to make music.
Barry White

I try to tell a story musically in a song.
Barry White

I went to jail at 16 for stealing tires off Cadillacs. When I got out I said, Never again.
Barry White

I'll come to you with gifts of knowledge, wisdom and truth.
Barry White

I'm very happy with this new record. It's dealing with different aspects of love-it's me making a statement about people doing something with their lives. It is about caring for others.
Barry White

I've always loved War's Low Rider and Sly Stone's Thank You, and I just wanted to put my take on them.
Barry White

Mama tried to save us from the streets, but the streets were too strong.
Barry White

Most families had four, five brothers. But because it was just me and Darryl, we had to be twice as strong.
Barry White

No one could understand the bond between me and my brother. I struggled to understand the forces that drove his soul in one direction and mine in another.
Barry White

One preacher turned me on, another turned me off.
Barry White

People are always looking for me to be a freak, weird.
Barry White

The cops picked me up for attempted murder. I can still see the detectives, licking their chops. Thought they had me. Two weeks later, the cat came out of a coma and told the truth. I was innocent.
Barry White

The whole system of society tells you what to do.
Barry White

There's people making babies to my music. That's nice.
Barry White

We forget that this music, music made by my brothers and sisters, is still a baby. It's just beginning. When I think of the possibilities, it makes me smile.
Barry White

We were ready to launch Barry White, but the record company wouldn't put it out. Said it wouldn't sell.
Barry White

When I commit, I commit with my whole heart, my whole being. I know the Bible like the back of my hand.
Barry White

When I saw corruption, I was forced to find truth on my own. I couldn't swallow the hypocrisy.
Barry White

No comments:

Post a Comment